Goodbye San Francisco

Goodbye San Francisco
I left you my heart

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Les Hommes


On Monday, my Fashion Marketing Communication teacher asked the class who would be interested in an internship at a Milan showroom. Of course I jumped for the opportunity. However, I did not realize the interview would be at 9:30 the next morning. Unfortunately, I discovered the appointment time at 2:30am after returning from a Bocconi party completely intoxicated...thank you limoncello, vino bianco, and spumante;) After around 5 hours of drunk sleep I put on a sharp outfit and worked it through the Milano public transportation system for an hour. When I arrived at Les Hommes I was expecting another plain white showroom with a few racks of clothing-per usual. Much to my delight, this showroom is spectacular. It was designed by the current number one Belgian architect and is oh-so-chic. The collection this season consists of women's and menswear and is centered around a lot of military inspiration in a very sophisticated way using tailored pieces and sheen in the fabric. After a quick interview I was put right to work on photographing each and every piece of the collection, covering the old collection for shipment, dressing the model when the buyers came, and of course...cleaning, making coffee, and running to the store like every good intern;) I am so eager to learn and excited to work with a seller to see more aspects of the industry. It may be a bit of bitch work but hey...at least I can drink nespresso anytime of day. what do you think of that george clooney?  http://www.leshommesfashion.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment