Goodbye San Francisco

Goodbye San Francisco
I left you my heart

Monday, September 13, 2010

La la la la la la Land


Last Thursday was simply a glorious day. Granted, I did wake up with a blinding headache (hard not too when you've been sipping champagne all night and flirting with models). he he. After a caffe and my newly acquired vintage Valentino occhiali di sole...how great does that sound compared to sunglasses? I was ready to venture out to MILANO UNICA aka the textiles trade show. My fabulous Fashion Product development teacher and her gorgeous assistant Alessia snagged us passes to the show. Of course we had to have passes and what did they say? Buyer...yep dream come true BUYER Larisa McBride:) Most of the trade rooms were closed off because everyone was busy doing business with the buyers from all over the world and entrance was only permitted by appointment. On the bright side there was a trend room with the trends for Fall/Winter 2010-11. Cocooning, Military Looks and hardware, soft flannels, mesmerizing patterns, texture, and chunky knits were everywhere. It was so hands on and fun feeling all of the different fabrics and seeing what was in store:) Many of the fabrics had been utilized in the runway show the night before and there was LOTS of fur. Yay for fall! When my feet couldn't stand in my thigh high Guess? boots any longer Larra and I returned to the humble abode to get ready for Vogue's fashion night out! We met the other international students for apertivo at the columns(complete with a painting of a giant Elvis head) for cocktails and conversation. Everyone was dressed to impress and ALL of the fabulous stores were open until 11 with cocktails and even some of the designers were there for a lil PR. There were some local celebs from TV that everyone went crazy for and then I DIED in Alexander McQueen. The new clutches are RIDICK awww only 1.500 Euro:) heh heh. so glorious tho I recommend you get one. ASAP. Milano comes alive at night and if only you could see all the fab fashionistas workin in their 5in. heels on the cobblestone streets...at least they look good;)

No comments:

Post a Comment