Goodbye San Francisco

Goodbye San Francisco
I left you my heart

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Sabato in Milano

Mixed seafood at Woodstocks
Today has been glorious! Wandered down Via Savona and found a trendy bar across from a public garden and book store. I also found Cinema Mexico or "The Rocky Horror House" which plays films in their original language every thursday...jus in case I get the craving for some English:) Later Larra and I went to Via Paperinale to check out the market. Tons of clothes(mostly cheap stuff) and SO much fresh food. Fish, fruit, veggies, and LOTS of cheese. The olives were to die for. We're definitely going back next Saturday. The food is so much fresher and cheaper than it is in the supermarket. After that we took our first ride on the underground tram to Porta Genova and enjoyed a glorious meal at Woodstocks. The waiter tied a bib on me that looked like a tux after he handed me my mixed seafood(clams, mussels, squid, and shrimp covered in a tomato sauce)...oh em gee SO good. And the wine! Of course we finished our meal with an espresso and headed over to the gelateria for THE best gelato I've ever had...acai and soya mmmm...full and happy we headed over to a flea market. Next to the Navigli Grande, there was lots of jewelry, vintage clothing, sunglasses, and nick nacks. Added a silver ring from india, vintage valentino way-farers, and round gaga-esque glasses to my collection:) a job well done. It was so fun watching seeing all the "punks" in leather, black, and decorated in piercings...a nice change from the usual clean cut Italians with their labels and collars. Found the edge in Navigli...

No comments:

Post a Comment